Friday, April 07, 2006

The Tornados Revisited Tennessee Today

This time, striking Middle Tennessee.......

Thankfully, this is the only picture I have to show of what occured at my house. A deck covered with quarter-sized hail, a doormat askew, the dog's leash blown about, and no damage, save a few shingles that blew loose. I'm so thankful for God's hand of protection.
Three counties surrounding Robertson County (where I reside) were the ones hardest hit (with actual tornado touchdowns). Quite a few homes in Hendersonville, in Sumner County, were severely damaged. The city of Gallatin, Sumner County's seat, suffered the majority of the fatalities. Please keep the families of those who perished in your prayers. Ashland City in Cheatham county suffered damage, including damage to Cheatham County Hospital. The city of of Goodlettsville (which actually straddles Davidson and Sumner Counties), suffered severe damage, an example of which is shown below:

This AP photo by John Russell shows the damage to Metro Baptist Church in Goodlettsville, located 12 miles from my home. I'm acquainted with several of the families in this congregation; please keep this body of believers in your prayers, as well. I believe this building is only four years old.

1 comment:

4given said...

When a tornado and hail storm came through Arkansas a few weeks back, my son put in the freezer some baseball sized hail. Glad I have a garage. We went driving down the highway a couple of days later to see what looked like huge tensil in the trees... wrapped around the tree trunks. Wish I would have taken a picture. It was what used to be a bunch of chicken houses.

So very thankful to our Lord that you are safe.