Friday, June 02, 2006

RECENT RANDOM RAMBLINGS

***My youngest is quite inquisitive theologically, at a very early age. I'm so proud of him, as I am my other son, and I always welcome his questions (and often marvel at the depths of them). This last weekend, he asked me, "Momma, if God always lived in heaven, why did he have to make heaven?" (Pretty introspective for a 4-1/2 year-old). I pray that he always maintains that desire to learn more of God and His ways.

***Word to the wise: The speed limit on I-65 in Kentucky is 65 mph. And, Memorial Day Weekend is not a good time to test the enforcement of said speed limit.

***Never allow a Westie near a pond with ducks and geese, ESPECIALLY, if you have any slack in her leash, you're talking on a cell phone, and you are out of state staying in someone else's home. Dogs REALLY smell badly when they're wet with pond water.

***Taylor Hicks became America's newest "American Idol" recently. (Finally, my "underdog pick" on that cheesy show came in first). I did see a disturbing trend begin to develop as the season went on, however. People began treating the contest as a kind of religion, as I encountered many individuals who were attempting to spread the "Taylor gospel," (for lack of a better term), in order to garner votes. Mentioning Taylor to cashiers in stores, calling in to radio shows to say how wonderful he was, loaning his CD's to co-workers in order to to convert them from supporting their favorite contestant to supporting Taylor.....it was getting pretty ridiculous, actually. This thought kept gnawing at me in the back of my mind: "If only we shared Christ's gospel as fervently and boldly as I saw people promoting Taylor." Hello......wake-up call!
(And, is it just me, or did the stylists seem to be attempting to morph young Taylor into a Benny Hinn clone as the show progressed?)



^BENNY ----------------=-------------- TAYLOR^

***"Prince" appeared on American Idol's finale....(hey, at ONE time, I seem to recall that this was being touted as a "family show!") Prince's appearance brought to mind a story I once heard Steve Camp relate, wherein he recounted an encounter he'd had with the pop star in an elevator. I won't repeat the story here; it would demand its own post, but suffice it to say that Prince HAS heard the gospel of Jesus Christ. ;-)

***Speaking of Steve Camp, he still finds himself, on occasion, in the role of "lightning rod." (That's symptomatic of what transpires when you boldly speak the truth, and then stand steadfastly by it).

That's all I have for now. Have a great weekend!

Under His Love,

7 comments:

4given said...

65 mph... hmmm. sounds like you learned that the hard way.
Do you know what a keeshond looks like.... if not, google it. This is the type of dog we have and he loves grandma's creek. *shew*
I did not keep up with American Idol. I guess I am not hip. But the Benny Hinn thing was HILARIOUS.

littlegal_66 said...

I'm a dog-lover, so I know what your keeshond looks like. Great dogs!!

I think there's something to that Benny Hicks thing. (Or is it Taylor Hinn?)
:-D

Carla Rolfe said...

Well, you might be crazy ;o) but the Hinn/Hicks seperated at birth shots were pretty good.

:o)

littlegal_66 said...

LOL, yeah-the jury's still out on my sanity (or lack thereof). :-D

Mike Ratliff said...

So how bad did your dog smell after chasing the ducks? :-)

Anonymous said...

Don't tell Benny Hinn they can clone him. Better yet, don't tell Paul Crouch!

littlegal_66 said...

mike:
Like a rained-on dog to the 8th power.

scott:
If I ever hear that Taylor Hicks is making an appearance over at TBN, I'm really going to be suspicious. Hey, at least they seem to be cloning upward--I've heard Benny Hinn sing, and there's no comparision. ;-)