Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A COMPARISON OF RELIGIOUS THEORIES
(it's tongue-in-cheek, folks)

Krishna - He who plays with the most toys wins.


Catholicism - He who denies himself the most toys wins.

Anglican - They were our toys first.


Greek Orthodox - No, they were OURS first.

Polytheism - There are many toy makers.

Evolutionism - The toys made themselves.

Baptist - We have played with this toy this way for years, and we are not going to change.

Church of Christ Scientist - We are the toys.



ECB'ers (this one is for the "Camponthis" blog readers)-If you don't repeal this tax on all toys, we will stage a boycott of the toys, and see that you are not re-elected.

Amish - Toys with batteries are surely a sin.

Taoism - The doll is as important as the dump truck.

Paganism - Forget the rulebook. Let's play!

Hinduism - He who plays with bags of plastic farm animals loses.

7th Day Adventist - He who plays with his toys on Saturday loses.

Church of Christ - He whose toys make music loses.

Jehovah's Witnesses - He who sells the most toys door-to-door wins.

Pentecostalism - He whose toys can talk wins.

Existentialism - Toys are a figment of your imagination.

Non-denominationalism - We don't care where the toys came from, let's just play with them.

Atheism - There is no toy maker.

Agnosticism - It is not possible to know whether toys make a bit of difference.

Mormonism - Every boy can have as many toys as he wants.

Church of Scientology - ToysRUs

Presbyterian- These toys were chosen for you to play with and these were chosen for me to play with.

Apostolic Faith/UPC (Oneness Movement) - There is only one toy, and it is in our church.

Crystal Cathedral - There are no bad toys, and no bad toy players.

Methodist - Toys are toys are toys.

Assembly of God -It doesn't matter how you play with the toys as long as more people join in with you.

Name-it-Claim-it - I have toys. I have toys. I have toys. I have toys. I have toys. I have toys. I have toys.

Word of Faith - Send me $100 and I will tell you "How you TOO can have more toys."

6 comments:

loren said...

Hi Stephanie,

Would those toys happen to be Christian yo-yo's (you know, with the crosses on them?)

By the way, I saw in your profile that you're a free-lance artist. My wife is a free lance graphic designer. What sort of art or photography do you do?

littlegal_66 said...

Hello, Loren--

I thought it was kind of fitting that you posted the comment about yo-yos on the same day I posted the "Toy Theology" piece. I really thought that your line: "if you draw a cross on a yo-yo, it becomes a 'Christian' yo-yo?" was hilarious. That's a great thread Campi's got going over there--it's good to inject some levity into our discussions there.

To answer your question, I mostly do portraiture, as far as art is concerned. Acrylic paint and colored pencil or graphite are my mediums of choice.

As far as freelance photography, I take a lot of landscape/travel photos, (for publications), and also outdoor portraiture. I also take photos of real estate on occasion for realtors.

And, on occasion, I also do calligraphy for wedding invitations, restaurant menus, etc.
To paraphrase the saying, "'Jaqueline' of all trades, 'mistress' of none.

Thanks for checking out my blog and commenting. I plan to post at least once a week.

Have a good one!

loren said...

Hi Stephanie,

Since your art is original, would you consider starting a blog to display it? Just put a copyright notice on it.

Also, have you ever done anything for Christian books? My wife designs book covers and she knows a lot of the art directors at the Christian pubishing houses. If that sort of thing would interest you.

littlegal_66 said...

Loren--

Thanks for the great idea. I will be uploading images of my artwork (mostly portraiture) in the next week.

I've never done any illustrating for Christian books, although that could be something worth looking into--my problem is that I'm too selective--i.e., the book would have to be theologically sound, etc.

I have also designed a few album cover graphics in the past, but nowadays, the issue of doctrinal beliefs within CCM have narrowed those opportunities as well.

Thanks again for your input!!

--littlegal

Shawn said...

Awesome!

dogpreacher said...

Hey...that was great. Have enjoyed your comments on other Blogs, nice to visit yours. Thanks for the levity!...I am...

grateful for grace!