Thursday, August 18, 2005

A PSALM OF TELEVISION

Now, I love television as much as the next person--maybe even more. But I have to admit that there is such a thing as watching too much television. Am I guilty? Most likely!!

The TV is my shepherd, I shall not want,
it makes me lie down on the sofa.
It leads me away from the scriptures,
it destroys my soul!
It leads me in the paths of sex and violence for the sponsors' sake.
Yea, though I walk in the shadow of my Christian responsibilities,
There will be no interruptions--
For the TV is with me.
Its satellite and remote control, they comfort me.
It prepares a commercial before me in the presence of my carnality;
It anoints my head with humanism, my coveting runneth over.
Surely laziness and ignorance shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house watching TV to the end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose you could add "PC" in the place of TV, too.

littlegal_66 said...

Yes, you are correct. I may re-write it to reflect the information age.

Denise said...

Ouch, too close to home. =0 Its always good to be challenged re: what we do with our time.

Vince, true, I'd rather be online than watch t.v. with just a few exceptiongs: 24, Numbers, CSI, and the Law and Orders, and Lost. But we have TiVo so we can watch at any time, thankfully.

I do spend a LOT of time online, whether blogging, reading blogs, or in an online Christian community (too cheesey to call it a Christian Chat room). ; ) However, I do view much of that to be a sort of ministry. Still, my priority must be my family first.

Hubby wishes I could get paid for the amount of time I spend online. ; )

Thanks for your insights guys.

Denise