Thursday, May 18, 2006

GOING THROUGH A TRIAL?

Read the words of Keith Green, as he wrote about the ultimate result of our trials:



Trials Turned To Gold

He's brought me here, where things are clear, and trials turn to gold.

He shared with me, His victory, He won in days of old.

Oh Lord, I don't deserve, the riches of your word,

But You've changed my filthy rags to linen white as snow.

The view from here is nothing near to what it is for You.

I tried to see Your plan for me, but I only acted like I knew.

Oh Lord forgive the times, I tried to read your mind.

Cause you said if I'd be still, then I would hear your voice.

My Lord, my King, my urge to sing and praise the things above.

No words can say the glorious way you changed me with your love.

He's brought me low, so I could know the way to reach the heights.

To forsake my dreams, my self esteem and give up all my rights.

With each one that I lay down, a jewel's placed in my crown.

Cause His love, the things above, is all we'll ever need.

He's brought me here, where things are clear, and trials turn to gold.
Copyright 1977, SBK April Music Inc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to see people who are familiar with Keith Green. Very encouraging! So many people I run into within the church have no idea who he is. I fear that we lose a prophetic voice if we forget him!

www.oursovereignjoy.blogspot.com

littlegal_66 said...

Yes, I've encountered worship leaders who haven't heard of him. And that is always so surprising to me.

Thanks for checking out my blog...I enjoy reading your thoughts over on the Camp On This blog.